Weds Beginners Series | The Peace of Meditation
- Learn simple meditations to help settle the mind, dispel distractions and experience the peace of a concentrated mind.
- These classes are ideally suited for those who wish to learn the basics principals of meditation.
- In each class, the teacher will explain how to meditate, guide you through two simple meditations that will help you let go of your worries and busyness and discover deeper levels of inner peace each week. It is recommended that you attend the whole course, but you can drop into the classes you are able to attend.
- No previous experience of meditation is necessary, everyone is welcome.
- The classes are taught by Gail Mott, who has been practicing Buddhist meditation for many years and is studying on the Teacher Training Programme at KMC Southampton.
Class 1 | Relax with Meditation | May 1
Discover the deep peace and relaxation that comes from meditation. in this series we will look at simple techniques to settle the mind and feel peaceful and relaxed. perfect for beginners.
Class 2 | Dispelling Distracting Thoughts | May 8
Discover how to dispel the inner noise and turbulence of distracting and negative thoughts through the powerful meditations on the mind. this week you will learn how to go deeper in meditation and begin to enjoy the peace of a quietened mind.
Class 3 | Deepen your Concentration | May 15
Developing stronger concentration helps us to keep a more balanced and peaceful mind not only in our meditation session but in daily life. This week we will discover how to meditate on our root mind and see how this helps us to experience the real peace of a concentrated mind.
Class 4 | Experience Deep Inner Peace – Retreat style class | May 22
This week we will enjoy longer meditations so we can go deeper and enjoy the inner peace that comes from meditation on the mind. You will find you distractions fall away, and gradually a feeling of deep peace and well-being will arise. Treat yourself to a retreat style session
This simple, yet beautiful meditation will help you to connect to your own source of happiness within your mind.