Try Meditation Open Day Workshop: Sat 22nd Jan
Discover how a simple meditation can improve the way you feel, help reduce anxiety and worry and bring a sense of well-being and happiness that can pervade your life.
About the open day
You are invited to drop in and see what meditation can offer. Discover how a simple meditation can improve the way you feel, help reduce anxiety and worry and bring a sense of well-being and happiness that can pervade your life. Our centre is dedicated to help people find more peace and happiness in their lives at whatever level they wish.
The meditations come from the Buddhist tradition, although you do not need to be Buddhist to benefit greatly from the meditations.
We offer all levels of practice from simple breathing meditations to a deep and rich spiritual practice, study programmes, retreats and workshops.
- Drop in for the Free introduction with our Resident Teacher & Buddhist nun Gen Lekma who has been teaching and meditating for 30 years
- Stay for a free guided 15 minute meditation
- Drop in to discover more and meet the community of like-minded practitioners
- Buy a delicious coffee and healthy snack from our cafe while you find out more
Meditation has many benefits that can help you to:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Maintain a positive perspective
- Gain mental space to think clearly
IN PERSON (limited capacity)
LIVE ONLINE (via Zoom webinar – no camera is needed from your side) & on demand available for 7 days
Gen Lekma is the Resident Teacher at KMC Southampton. She is a senior Buddhist nun with more than 25 years of teaching and meditation experience and has taught in England and the United States for much of this time. Her clear, profound and entertaining talks express the path of wisdom and meditation in a way that is ideally suited for people of the modern world. Our Resident Teacher is greatly cherished by her students for her warm, light and wise example.
When is it?
Sat 22nd Jan, 10am-2:45pm
Introduction & Meditation 10–11am What Meditation Can Offer You With Gen Lekma – Resident Teacher
15 minute Meditation Sessions
What does it cost?