Introductory Public Talk – What Can Meditation Do For You
These Introductory Talks will include a guided meditation and an optional free-one-to-one chat at a later day.
Available for 7 days on demand.
What can meditation do for you?
- • Lower stress and improve mental health
- • Feel more relaxed
- • Have greater mental focus
- • Feel positively connected with others
There is increasing evidence that meditation has many benefits that everyone can experience.
Gen Lekma, the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Southampton will explain:
- • The different types of meditation and the benefits they bring
- • How simple meditations help us become happier, more compassionate & loving
- • How Buddhist meditation can transform the way we see the world, enabling us to find meaning in our daily life.
- • How those wishing to go deeper can discover a profound and life-changing spiritual path
You will also be able to discuss your own needs in a free-one-to-one chat with one of our experienced meditation Kadampa Teachers at your convenience.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Gen Kelsang Lekma, a close disciple of the Founder of our tradition Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, is our Resident Teacher. She is a senior Buddhist nun with more than 25 years of teaching and meditation experience and she has taught in England and the United States for much of this time.
She is a very popular and experienced teacher and her clear and entertaining talks express the path of wisdom and meditation in a way that is ideally suited for people of the modern world. She is greatly cherished by her students for her warm, light and wise example.
Gen Lekma teaches meditation weekly classes, study programmes, day courses and guides retreats in Southampton and surrounding area. She is sometimes invited to guide retreats at other Meditation Centres in UK and abroad.